Thursday, April 10, 2008

Inside-out

Poverty affords depravity no hiding place. No two-car garage to mask the depths of your discontent. No picket fence to fancy up your hatred. No garden to soften the edge of your existential anger. Poverty is stingy with her standards, and unflinching in her demands. She forces you to come clean about your dirt. She stirs you up to speak the truth without the trappings of political correctness. And so, poverty's people walk around inside-out, their broken souls on public display. Fallenness and corruption would never play hide-and-seek in the projects.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

More and more people need to take heart to what God is calling you too. I know God has been teaching me a lot as we reach people down here in SC. James 1:27 challenged me to continue to help the needy. Keep up your passion to spread Christ were it isn't spread much.

Kris said...

Poverty is no respecter of persons. We need to take our hearts and souls to the poverty level, clear out the trash that is keeping us from reaching out, and step out in faith and love.

Dustin Ahkuoi said...

Hey man...this is good stuff. Thanks for writing this

Also wanted to let you know that I have moved my blog again! My new address is

http://dustinahkuoi.wordpress.com/

There is a special shout out to you and yours - Much Love

Wes and Bethany Adams said...

Hey Josh it's Wes Adams. I have enjoyed your blog and wanted to let you know that I have decided to start a blog as well, come check it out if you have time.

http;//aboropirate.blogspot.com

Have a good one.