Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Doozie of a Two-zie

Usually on this blog, we deal with issues related to our ministry. But right now, I would like to pause and reflect upon the pleasures and perils of parenthood. I apologize in advance. We took Anna Grace home from the hospital on July 22. Since then, we have experienced the full-range of highs and lows, all punctuated by a seemingly endless supply of poopy diapers. During her first two days at home, there was virtually no bowel activity to speak of. Naturally, we were concerned. I found myself doing what I never imagined I would do; praying for someone to poop in their pants. That prayer has since been emphatically answered.

That her intestines are functioning at full capacity was never more clear than yesterday afternoon. What began as a routine diaper change quickly descended in to an astonishing display of fecal fireworks. Perhaps sensing that her hiney was finally unfettered, Anna Grace let loose with a barrage of human waste. Laura and I stood by helplessly as our little princess morphed into a merciless projectile of poo-poo. Our baby room used to be decorated in pink. Now it's decorated in a mixture of pink and a brownish-yellow. I just hope the world is ready for her highly interpretive art work. Call me old-fashioned, but I find it all a bit too edgy.

7 comments:

Dustin Ahkuoi said...

You probably have figured out by know that this is payback for the "suggestion box" incident

Dustin Ahkuoi said...

forgive my spelling above...but while I am at it...I think that this is also payback for McGee's car, the chorus room Piano (you were an accomplice) and various other episodes

Congrats on parenthood :)

The LeRoys said...

Poetic. Riveting. Classic.

The J's Simmons said...

Dude! This rivals some of the best blog writing I've ever seen. Hope to come down and see you guys before I head back to KY. I'm kinda hoping Anna Grace's artwork will be cleaned up by then though :)

Luke and Lindsay said...

Possibly the funniest two paragraphs ever written. I almost pooped my own pants reading it! Lindsay too!

Eve said...

We are thinking of you guys...And we are glad that you TOO are now experiencing the great perils of parenting :) Give Anna Grace a kiss from Claire!

Wes and Bethany Adams said...

Classic. We thought we caught a whiff up here. :)